Monday, February 9, 2009

The Melodious Sound of Cacophany

Once again my friends, it's reached the point of day were my opinions have amounted to an unbearable burden. This day, like any other began with a futile argument over the array of dishes left in the sink by the various members which comprise my family.

To add to the cacophany of noise surrounding the issue of breakfast came the sudden news that today my car, bought prematurely as I'm still within the learning process, was no longer safe to use. Shock horror, since then one bad thing after another seemed to come hurtling in my direction.

I have now become excrutiatingly aware of the inadequacy that is Australian public transport. I was late to school, and late on my arrival home, which in turn made me late for my date with my boyfriend. To no avail I believe that in my life there is no such thing as an ordinary day, and that despite my efforts to conceal it, it is of an overbearing dramatic nature. As far as it goes, call me Stephanie Plum, because with the exception of Italian heritage, we live on the same wavelength.

All in all, terrible day and it's not even lunch time.